Pumpkin seed oil is one of the most expensive edible vegetable oils in the world; it gives the lead in price only for pine nut oil. The explanation for this is a large amount of raw materials. To get one liter of oily liquid, you need to squeeze about three kilograms of pumpkin seeds. Considering that one average pumpkin weighing about 10 kg contains 100-150 g of seed, then 20-30 pumpkins are needed to produce a liter of oil.
In the Middle Ages, oil, squeezed from pumpkin seeds, was very expensive and was sold only in pharmacies. The price of 200 ml of pumpkin oil at that time was comparable to the cost of a gold ring.
The most useful is pumpkin seed oil, obtained by cold pressing seeds. It contains the greatest number of useful chemical compounds that determine its therapeutic properties.
In this oil there are no carbohydrates, and protein is present in residual quantities that can be neglected. It does not contain purine bases, which is important for people suffering from gout.
Pumpkin seed oil is a 100% fat containing product. It includes fatty acids (FA), among which omega-6-polyunsaturated ones predominate, and phytosterols - analogues of plant cholesterol (cholesterol).
Saturated fatty acids of pumpkin oil are mainly palmitic and stearic acids, omega-3 fatty acids - linolenic acid, omega-6 - linoleic acid, and omega-9 - oleic acid.
Chemical composition of pumpkin seed oil is one of the most balanced vegetable oils with a powerful antioxidant effect. Positively affect the condition of the body as the various components of pumpkin oil individually, and their combination.
INFLUENCE ON THE BLOOD SYSTEM
Ingredients pumpkin seed oil with its regular use inside can:
• reduce the concentration of cholesterol in the blood;
• have anti-atherosclerotic effect;
• increase the elasticity of vessel walls;
• prevent cell damage by free radicals;
• restore damaged cell walls;
• improve tissue microcirculation.
Pumpkin oily product has a positive effect on the level of estrogen in the blood of women, because its phytosterols have a weak estrogen-like effect on reproductive and other organs that have receptors for these female sex hormones (bones, blood vessels, thyroid gland).
Due to the large amount of vitamins, mainly fat soluble, and minerals, this useful product also has the following properties:
• restore vision;
• have a calming effect on the nervous system;
• improve brain activity;
• stimulate the recovery of body cells;
• have a wound-healing effect;
• remove puffiness;
• improve immunity, including at the local level;
• improve blood formation;
• help maintain blood flow;
• have an antihistamine (antiallergic) effect.
Chlorophyll contained in this pumpkin product:
• is a powerful antianemic agent (together with iron);
• has an absorbent effect (binds toxic substances and slags in the intestine);
• reduces inflammatory reactions in the body (along with vitamins);
• boosts immunity (along with phytosterols).
Pumpkin oil cucurbitin has antiparasitic properties, toxic effects on helminths.
FOR THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
Before eating, it is recommended to drink pumpkin seed oil for many pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract:
• gastritis with high acidity;
• gastric and duodenal ulcers;
• intestinal inflammation (enteritis, colitis, duodenitis);
• liver pathologies (hepatitis, cirrhosis, fatty degeneration, toxic lesions);
• violations of bile formation and bile excretion (biliary dyskinesia, cholecystitis);
• diseases of the rectum (fissures, hemorrhoids, proctitis);
In case of lesions of the oral mucosa (stomatitis, gingivitis, paradontosis), the ingestion of the product should be supplemented by rinsing with the addition of 6-10 drops of oil per 100 ml of water.
FOR HEART AND VESSELS
Pumpkin seed oil is used in the treatment of:
• ischemic heart disease;
• transient disorders of cerebral circulation;
• varicose veins at an early stage.
FOR BLOOD AND IMMUNITY
Pumpkin oil also displays its positive properties in the blood, therefore it is used for the treatment and prevention of:
• weakened immunity;
• allergies (with elevated levels of eosinophils and histamine);
• tendency to bleeding.
In allergic rhinitis, it is recommended to combine its ingestion with instillation into the nose (2-3 drops in each nostril twice a day).
AGAINST MICROBES AND GLISTS
Pumpkin fat product is used internally as an adjunct in the treatment of acute inflammations of the upper airways (sore throats, bronchitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis).
A teaspoon on an empty stomach three times a day, you need to take oil when infected with helminths. The course of such anthelmintic treatment will require up to 600 ml of pumpkin product.
FOR REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
Due to the active participation of pumpkin oil ingredients in fat metabolism, it is successfully used as one of the means of complex treatment of hormonal disorders for:
• menstrual disorders in women;
• inflammatory diseases of the genital organs in women;
• infertility (male and female);
• violations of potency in men;
In gynecology, pumpkin seed oil is used to treat erosive processes on the cervix, colpitis, endocervicitis, thrush. To do this, hold douching with its use and put vaginal swabs moistened with him at night. The course of such local treatment can be combined with the reception of the drug inside.
FOR TREATMENT OF KIDNEYS AND URINARY BUBBLE
To reduce the swelling of the skin and improve the condition of the kidneys with pyelonephritis and glomerulonephritis, it is possible to supplement the main course of treatment by taking pumpkin seed oil inside.
In case of cystitis, it is recommended to take it 8-10 drops inwards half an hour before meals to relieve pain and discomfort.
This product is indicated for oral administration in diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism and disorders of the adrenal glands.
Pleasant, with nutty notes, sweetish taste of the oil is for children who like to take it as a medicine or a means to prevent hypovitaminosis.
When using pumpkin seed oil, it should be remembered that in some conditions and diseases its use inside is contraindicated. It will do more harm than good when:
• individual intolerance;
• inclination to diarrhea;
• calculous cholecystitis;
• calculi in the bile ducts.
For endocrine disorders, this fat product should be used with great care and only after consulting an endocrinologist and related specialists. 100% raw oil from selected varieties of Uzbek Pumpkin seeds. Wrung out in an oak press, without filtering.